Friday, June 22, 2007

I love summer!

Just a brief post to say it is a better day. Wednesday (the day of my previous post) got better after a nap, a walk, and a little crocheting. The nap was probably the most helpful. I have had an awful cold and not sleeping well.

Yesterday we celebrated the longest day of the year by staying our until late dusk putting a new trunk on Brad's motorcycle. I'm not being sarcastic. It was nice. We were at a friend's house (Brad and I are lucky to be able to hang a picture without help) and it was a nice, enjoyable evening.

Today promises to be another good day. I still feel pretty crappy from this cold and have promised myself that I will nap as much as I need in the hopes of kicking the bug, but it is sunny and warm and I am not currently working. How can it get better than this? (Well, besides the obvious) Plus, it is looking like I may be going back to the daily grind sooner than later so I need to enjoy every moment I can.

With that, I am shutting off the PC and stepping outside! Maybe I will even walk to the local bakery and read a book. Or maybe I will just take my nap in the sun. Ahhh . . . I love summer!

2 comments:

SULLY said...

Good luck with the cold!

Anonymous said...

Hi -- thanks for visiting my blog. I've read through your posts here and am so impressed by your strength after the loss of your son. I wish you all the best!