Monday, August 30, 2010

Perfect Moment Monday: Bike Ride

How has so much time gone by since I posted last?   Partly because my employer has cracked down on non-work related internet time.  Not that I blog at work, of course.

In a nutshell:  Brad and I got to go for over an hour long bike ride together.  Sans kids.  It was the first ride I have taken without towing - or Brad towing if we are together - since LB was born - over 2 years.  I used to ride at least 3 days / week between April and September.  Gosh, I have missed it.  It just isn't the same when you have to worry about the well being of a munchkin or two behind you.  The ride was great and it was also wonderful to feel like a couple again. 

We rode along a local bike trail along a river that I used to take to work.  I used to watch as the summer season unfolded and ended.  The river would rise and subside again.  The trees would be bare, then bud, then in full leaf, and finally turn color.  The wildflowers would bloom and die.  The trail would start off pretty empty, then fill with people biking and wading in the river, then disappear again as the morning became to chilly. 

Thinking about the seasons coming and going and how our lives have unfolded from marriage through ttc to parenting too also made me contemplative of how time goes - moving so slowly while TTC and suddenly all too quickly.  It also made me appreciate the moment I was experience, knowing it would end too soon.
 
Perfect Moment Monday is about noticing a perfect moment rather than creating one. Perfect moments can be momentous or ordinary or somewhere in between

6 comments:

Lori Lavender Luz said...

Of course ;-)

I love the ebb and flow, the attention to the revolutions of nature. The cycles, bi- and otherwise.

Anonymous said...

Hey there Kami!! Glad you had such a great day...yes, TTC is hell but raising that family you worked so hard for is likely no picnic at times either. You deserve more moments like this. Take care...

R. said...

Sounds so nice. Glad you were able to have some time alone with the hubs.

Leah Maya Benjamin said...

I actually went riding, without Maya. I know amazing for me. It was so nice to go riding with other adults and just relax, I'm getting there slowly but surely. Hows next tuesday?

battynurse said...

Sounds great. I'm glad you had fun.
I miss that trail. For a while I lived right across the road from it and took Sadie out there 3 times a day to walk. Even after we moved I would frequently drive down there for a walk.

N said...

Biking is my all time favorite activity. I usually get in one ride a week with only adults, I love it.