Thursday, December 18, 2008

Kitty Cat Huntin'

LB has mastered rolling from back to front by, you guessed it, trying to catch a cat. They are smart enough to stay just out of reach or lose a fistful of fur. It makes great fun for the little one just the same. She has been rolling to her side easily for weeks - every time she thought I was going to lay down next to her to nurse, but she did realize what she was doing. Now she does. I'm sure they will teach her to crawl next.

In other news, it is snowing here in the Inland Northwest. We have 22 inches and it is still coming down. The previous record in 24 hours was 13 inches set in 1984. Most of us are trapped in our houses. Can I just say that I love summer? It's not all bad, I suppose. An excuse to rest, read books and bake / eat cookies.

5 comments:

MrsSpock said...

2 feet of snow! Good thing you don't have to commute in it. I'm afraid for the first snowy day when we have to drive J to the sitter with snowy roads...

Anonymous said...

and chomp on those sweet little baby cheeks!

Leah Maya Benjamin said...

I know what cookies you are talking about, its my peanut butter crunch, dang snow! Happy Birthday!!!!

Sky said...

Animals and kids go together very nicely! (and, clearly, they're excellent teachers too!)

B said...

I can honestly say I have never seen snow like that in my life. I can't even imagine it. It sounds dangerous.

IS it?

How do you get around regularly, do you have to put chains on your tyres?

I'm off to the beach (was that too mean?)