Thursday, May 7, 2009

This and that

Some quick thoughts and updates, bullet style:

  • We have paid for our FET cycle. Just over $6,000 for precycle physical, storage fees and the actual cycle. We will be transferring (if the embryo survives the thaw at a 60% chance) toward the end of June. Here we go!
  • The last two nights are showing some progress in weening LB from nursing in the middle of the night. She is still crying some but not trying as hard to nurse. I don't know whether to be happy about that or sad that she has given up on me so easily.
  • Miss Leah took some pictures of LB. She is experimenting with photoshop and LB's eyes aren't quite realistic in some of them, but I still love the pics. Peruse her blog and you will see the adorable Miss Maya. Thanks Leah!
  • I am entertaining the idea of cycling with my own eggs in June and then adding in the frozen DE embryo. If it were free, I would have no hesitation. It isn't likely to work, but would be nice to try. It would cost about $6000 more than the FET and the cost of the drugs. I am hoping I know enough people to get some or all of the drugs for low / no cost.
  • Does anyone have a copy of Medications and Mother's Milk? If so, could you let me know what it says about FSH and generelix?
  • This is why I don't trust that vaccinations are the best choice for my precious snowflake. “Relationships between physicians, researchers and drug companies are ubiquitous in every aspect of medical education, medical research and patient care,” Campbell says. It’s hard to find other fields "in which relationships with [industry] are so pervasive.”
  • How's the weather where you live? It has been many, many days since we got some sun and temperatures over the upper 50's.
That's all for now. I should at least be looking productive at work.

7 comments:

Lori Lavender Luz said...

Loved the photos -- she's absolutely beautiful.

battynurse said...

Weather here is in the 80's and sunny. Sorry your weather sucks. I hope it gets better soon.

Lisa DG said...

I may have some extra, unopened FSH...
Weather is cold and drizzly here in the northeast.

And LB is such a beauty!

Sara said...

Gorgeous photos. LB is stunning.

Congrats on the weaning success. Eggbert gave up the night nursing pretty easily too. It's weird how that works.

I was told that the suppression meds that I took (buserelin) would negatively affect prolactin production, potentially harming my milk supply. I'm not sure if that is true of ganerilex (sp?) though. I don't think any of the meds would be bad for LB.

AwkwardMoments said...

Beautiful LB. Beautiful!

Weather here is 92 ish and humid already. I hope you get some sunshine soon

Anonymous said...

Whether is lovely here, but in June and July it will get foggy, so I'm enjoying it while it lasts.

MrsSpock said...

Drug companies have infiltrated everywhere. I'm just a piddly nurse at an insurance company, and have no power over which drugs are formulary or not, but I get treated to $80 dinners at fancy restaurants from drug companies.