Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Heartbreaking

LB is catching a cold and not sleeping well.  I try to nurse her back to sleep and although she keeps signing milk and crying louder and louder she isn't nursing.  I offer her some water and when I sit her up I realize her cheek is covered in milk.  My milk has come in and her life is changed forever.  I hope in the long term for the better, but I feel so bad for her now.  Tears are streaming down my face.

Brad is putting her back to sleep and she is calming down.  I am feeling terribly guilty, but I can't focus on her right now.  It is not soon enough, but still too soon.  I need to focus on her little brother or sister.  It is 1:30 AM and I am in early labor.  Is this what it will be like?  Torn between focusing on one or comforting another?  I know we will find a way, but right now it is heartbreaking.

Oh, if you are up at this hour, wish me luck.  I will update when I can.

4 comments:

Geohde said...

The very best of luck, Kami,

g

Panamahat said...

Good luck!

tireegal68 said...

Sending love, luck, hope and hugs:) breathe!

Kami said...

Thank you Ladies!