Saturday, July 7, 2007

First day back at work

Thank you everyone who wished me well on going back to work. I am happy to report it went quite well. I think it will be challenging, but still not more than a 40 hour work week most of the time. I spent probably half the day just chatting with and getting to know my coworkers who all have been very kind and supportive.

True to my nature, I have already brought up our infertility and loss struggles - not for sympathy, but because we were having conversations about who we were outside of work and this is a big part of who we are. Well, one lady had a m/c earlier in her life (she is right around 40) and decided not to continue to try to have kids. She seems very happy with her life and we were just starting a good conversation about her few doubts about her decision vs. my inability to let go of this dream when someone else walked in. Oh well, lots of time for that conversation in the future.

All is well.

2 comments:

Lori Lavender Luz said...

I'm glad the day went well and that you're with a supportive crowd.

It'll be interesting to see how this new relationship (with the 40-ish woman) develops.

Babe* said...

Congrats on going back to work. It's kinda bittersweet I bet.

I'm glad to see your first day went well.