Wednesday, October 1, 2008

I'm done

I have sworn off watching Eureka. It wasn't a great show, but good sci-fi is hard to come by so we watched it. I might call it descent. It was often light-hearted and funny and made for a good distraction. The science was pretty awful and sometimes I think they played by Calvin Ball rules, but it was better than nothing.

Then they introduced a new character at the beginning of this season. The main character's sister shows up pregnant . . . with twins. Ug. I was glad we have been successful with having a real, live baby or I wouldn't have been able to watch it.

Then tonight there was another development. Two supposedly very intelligent and competent characters were in a relationship. The male died a few episodes ago. The female discovers . . . wait for it . . . yes, she is pregnant. It's funny that both characters were so exceptional they were each the head of the big research firm (at different times), but they still didn't understand how babies were made. If they were just "not preventing" then why wouldn't the female recognize morning sickness - she has already had one kid after all. Oh, she is also 37.

Unless I hear the characters leave, die or miscarry, I'm done.

3 comments:

Leah said...

I haven't heard a reference to Calvin Ball in forever. I love it!

Happy said...

We haven't watched this weeks episode yet. I actually was surprised at the abrupt ending in the last episode and we wondered if that was the "season finale". Apparently not. We have a tivo type thing so it might have taped another playing at a different time because of a conflict.

Are you doing to watch that Sanctuary show? We set the tivo thing. We LOVE Battle Star, but that is ending this year and have been sucked into Ghost Hunters (I know...it's the only reality TV we watch besides Paranormal State)

Frenchie said...

I have had to stop watching so many shows because there is always some pregnancy story line. UGH! Now, Mister and I just laugh about it. It is like EVERY SINGLE SHOW has to have some story line involving pregnancy. Yes, and I love it too when the characters are supposed to be "smart" people in their 30's and they get pregnant totally by accident...grrr.